|This software contains the files needed to install the K56flex-to-V.90 Upgrade Wizard, which upgrades the modem firmware to the V.90 standard on Compaq Netelligent 56K ISA Data/Fax Modems.|
The Upgrade Wizard allows the user to switch easily among the following three firmware versions at any time:
1. Failsafe backup of the original modem firmware.
2. K56Flex transitional firmware (V. 2.013C, "V.90-aware").
NOTE: This firmware permits tracking the modem's connections and detects when the ISP's modems have been upgraded to the V.90 standard.
3. Final V.90 firmware (V. 2.100).
The Upgrade Wizard performs the following:
1. Detects the modem and reads the current firmware version.
2. Backs up the current firmware of the modem to the user's hard disk for possible later use.
3. Lets the user choose to upgrade the modem with either the K56flex transitional firmware or the V.90 firmware.
4. Monitors the connections the modem makes with ISPs and detects if the ISP has V.90 capability. If V.90 capability is detected, the user is notified when subsequently running the Update Wizard. The user is then prompted to update the modem with the V.90 firmware.