HP LaserJet 1320n, 1320tn, and 1320nw Printer Models - How to Configure a Static IP Address Using the Embedded Web Server
The HP LaserJet 1320n, 1320tn, and 1320nw products can be configured for a static IP address using the HP Jetdirect Embedded Web Server (EWS).
Type the IP address or hostname for the printer in a supported Web browser to open the Embedded Web server. The embedded Web server has three tabs that contain settings and information about the printer: the Information tab, the Settings tab, and the Networking tab.
||Press and hold the GO
button on the printer control panel for approximately five seconds to print a Configuration page. The printer IP address will be located on the HP Jetdirect Configuration page.The Embedded Web Server URL can be bookmarked for quick access at a later date.
Once the Embedded Web Server opens, perform the following to configure a static IP address:
- Click the Networking
- Click Network Settings
in the left menu bar.
- Click the TCP/IP
- Use the drop-down menu to change the IP Configuration Method
- Type the new IP Address in the box to change the IP Address.
- Change any other applicable networking information, if applicable.
- Scroll down the page and click Apply
- Click OK
on the Confirmation screen and then close the browser window.
- Wait a few minutes and then print the Self Test/Configuration page and the HP Jetdirect Configuration page to verify the IP Address has changed. Perform the following to print a Self Test/Configuration page and the HP Jetdirect Configuration page:
- Verify that the printer is in a Ready state. (The green light next to the "U" shaped symbol on the printer control panel is on solid.)
- Press and hold the green GO
button on the printer control panel until the orange Attention light flashes, for approximately five seconds, and then release the button.
- Locate the IP Address on the HP Jetdirect Configuration page to verify the change the new static IP Address.
Configure IP using route add command
If the embedded Web server is at its default IP address, use a route add
command from the command prompt to add the IP address of the HP Jetdirect to the route table of the computer. The syntax for the route add command would be:
The default IP address of an HP Jetdirect will usually be either 169.254.x.x
. For example, if the HP Jetdirect default is 184.108.40.206 and the computer's IP address is 169.254.7.75, the route add command would be:
C:\>route add 220.127.116.11 169.254.7.75
- Using a supported Web browser, enter the IP address
of the HP Jetdirect print server as you would a URL.
- The HP Jetdirect main Web page will be displayed. Click Networking
, Network Settings
, and then TCP/IP
, and then Configuration
. From this page, it is possible to modify the TCP/IP addresses and the set community name.