HP LaserJet 1010, 1012, and 1015 Printers - Cleaning and Changing the Pick-up Roller
This document is intended to provide the necessary information for changing and cleaning the pick up roller in the HP LaserJet 1010 series printer.
Changing the pickup roller
If the printer regularly mispicks (no media feeds through or more than one sheet feeds through),
it may be necessary to change or clean the pickup roller. The following list provides instructions for changing the roller:
|| Failure to complete this procedure might damage the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer, and allow the printer to cool.
Figure 1: Unplugging the printer
- Open the print cartridge door, and remove the print cartridge.
Figure 2: Removing the print cartridge
- Find the pickup roller.
Figure 3: Finding the pickup roller
- Release the small, white tabs on either side of the pickup roller, and rotate the pickup roller
toward the front.
Figure 4: Releasing the tabs
- Gently pull the pickup roller up and out.
Figure 5: Removing the roller
Figure 6: Replacing the roller
- Rotate the top of the new pickup roller away from you until both sides snap into place.
Figure 7: Rotating the roller
- Reinstall the print cartridge, and close the print cartridge door.
Figure 8: Reinstalling the print cartridge
- Plug the printer in to turn it back on.
Figure 9: Plugging the printer in
Cleaning the pickup roller
In order to clean the pickup roller rather than replace it, follow the instructions below:
- Dab a lint-free cloth in water and scrub the roller.
Figure 10: Scrubbing the roller
- Using a dry, lint-free cloth, wipe the pickup roller to remove loosened dirt.
Figure 11: Removing loosened dirt
Figure 12: Reinstalling the roller