HP Designjet 815 MFP and 4200 Scanner - Product Features
Figure 1: HP Designjet 815mfp
Figure 2: HP Designjet 4200 Scanner
This document contains an overview of the product and software features included with the HP Designjet copier 815mfp and 4200 scanner. It also includes information about supported operating systems, connectivity, duty cycles, and the product warranty. The 815mfp product includes a Designjet 800ps printer which also has connectivity features listed in the information below.
The following information outlines many of the product features for the HP Designjet 815mfp and the Designjet 4200 scanner:
- Copy and scan operation controlled through an easy-to-use LCD color touchscreen
- Copy or scan documents up to 42 inches wide with 42 inches active scan width
- Scans while prints: from the time the button is pressed, the copier starts printing in less than 20 seconds Single sheet feed, roll feed, automatic cutter
- Four 69 cc ink cartridges (CMYK) and long-life printheads (815 MFP)
- Adobe Postscript 3 RIP with drivers for Macintosh and Windows (815 MFP printer)
- No external PC required for standalone copying
- HP thermal Inkjet printing with HP Color Layering Technology ColorSync 3.0 (Macintosh drivers only)
- Print speeds ranging from 22.94 sq m/hr (247 sq feet/hr) for a black line drawing to 2 sq m/hr (21 sq feet/hr) for a Best quality image
- 2400 x 1200 dpi capability
- 136 PostScript built-in Roman fonts
- Fast hardware digital imaging processing
- 2400 x 2400 dpi (scaled) and 400 x 400 dpi (optical)
- Dual 2D-adaptive enhancement
- ADL+ error diffusion halftoning
- Color and grayscale 2D adaptive thresholding
- 2D blur filter and 2D-sharpening and soften filters
- Scan-to-remote printing with the optional
HP Remote Printing for AEC Service (USA only)
- 99 copies maximum (from a single original)
- 300 x 300 dpi (Best) to:150 x 150 dpi (Fast)
- Enlarge/reduce capability of 1 to 10000%
- Closed-loop calibration for consistent and accurate color copy
- Complete digital process (no analog features)
- Monochrome copy in 2.5 minutes (D size/A1 size)
- Straight-through scan paper path for cardboard originals up to 0.6 inch (15 mm) thick
- Output paper single sheet feed
- Roll feed
- Automatic cutter
- Standard bin
Designjet scanner to printer software
The HP Designjet 815 MFP software is designed to interface the scanner with the printer for large format copying. The software includes the features described in the following table:
||Standardized and tested templates that cover most copy needs
||Controls output color quality. Includes standardized and tested Media Profiles fitted to the most popular wide format printers and the option to create personalized Media Profiles for special printers or printing media.
||Tonal adjustment settings, including white/black levels, color balance, sharpening, blurring, saturation and lightness.
|Dual 2D-Adaptive enhancement control
||Provides advanced B/W copying features through emulation in the software for scanner models without the hardware embedded processing.
||Controls the quality of the image with the settings before copying.
||Enables tracking of copying and paper usage per user/billing account.
|Scan-to-file and print- from-file options
||Increases flexibility with two-step copying.
- Paneling: Combines large-format image sections to create huge enlargements
- Nesting: Economizes usage of expensive printing media.
|Image Filter Preview
||Displays image setting adjustments on a "before and after" split screen.
Supported operating systems (printer only)
- Microsoft Windows (95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000 and XP)
- Mac OS 8.1 or later
- ZEHRaster for UNIX
- Novell NetWare v3.11, 3.12, 4.x, 5.0
- NDS (IPX/SPX)
- NDPS (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX)
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98 (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX), ME, NT 4.0, XP (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX,DLC/LLC), 2000
- IBM OS/2 Warp v3.0, 4.0 (TCP/IP, DLC/LLC)
- HP-UX v10.x, 11.x
- Sun Solaris 2.5x, 2.6
- IBM AIX v3.2.5 and later
- MPE-IX v5.5 (TCP/IP)
- Line Printer Daemon (LPD)
- Apple System 7.0 and later (EtherTalk)
- Artisoft LANtastic v7.0 (DLC/LLC)
- Internet printing protocol