There is no sound emitted from the unit. Realtek HD Audio shows an exclamation mark. It is not possible to update drivers. The driver update abruptly terminates with an error. It is not possible to uninstall the device. The error failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to reboot the computer
In case such an event occurs, this procedure is to be followed to resolve the issue.
1. Close all windows. Click Start
. Run regedit.exe
2. Navigate to the following key:
3. Locate the sub-key whose name starts with Func_*
. Right-click the key, and click Permissions
. Grant Full Control
permission to Everyone
4. Right-click again the key whose name starts with Func_*
, and delete it.
5. Install Microsoft Windows XP Universal Audio Architecture update (SP32395.exe
) or later followed by the Realtek High Definition driver.
6. Reboot the unit.
The issue is solved.
The operating system in scope is Microsoft Windows XP all 32-bit editions.